Motorhome, 5th Wheel, RV and Livestock Trailer Owners why do you need an Automatic Generator Start System?
Have you thought about the following:
- If you lost shore power while gone from your RV what would happen to:
- your pets
- the food in your refrigerator
- heat-sensitive items such as candles, digital electronics etc.
- Are you always going to be around to start your generator if your shore power is lost?
- Does your motorhome or RV even have an automatic generator starter?
- If it does is it simple to use and program or are you getting program error?
- Does it work like it’s supposed to?
Not ready to buy just yet? CLICK HERE to download wiring diagrams to and see just how easy
the ShorePower Monitor is to install.
Hello, my name is Mike Adams, co-founder of RV Automations. As a full-time RVer, I can tell you my wife and I were always concerned about losing shore power in our 5th wheel when we left for work. With a dog and a refrigerator full of perishables, I’m sure you can relate.
Here in Oklahoma, the summer heat can be brutal and if your air conditioner shuts down due to a shore power loss it’s really easy for temperatures inside the vehicle to get dangerously high in just an hour or two.
It doesn’t take long for pets and perishables to be at risk.
Our 5th wheel did not have an RV automatic generator start system that would kick our generator on if shore power was lost, so I looked around for a solution.
I researched the many motorhomes and RV forums and the only solution on the market I found was a well-known generator manufacturer’s auto-start unit.
It seemed very complicated for what I needed and many users reported that it was prone to error codes. At over $750 it seemed overly expensive for an automatic generator starter. Not finding any solutions that met my needs my partners and I developed:
A simpler, more reliable and less expensive way to monitor shore power and auto-start my generator. We’d like to introduce you to:
The ShorePower Monitor – Emergency Automatic Generator Start System
The ShorePower Monitor will monitor your shore power and will auto-start your generator when a power outage occurs due to unforeseen circumstances such as:
- Vandals tripping breakers to the off position
- Weather-related (tornadoes, ice storms, gusty wind, power surges)
- Local power companies taking power down for maintenance
When shore power is restored the ShorePower Monitor will disable and shut down the generator and will return to monitoring your shore power.
To the right is our ShorePower Monitor – Automatic Generator Start System installed on a demo board showing the simple connections needed to install in your motorhome or RV.
Why Use ShorePower Monitor – Automatic Generator Start (AGS)?
- It monitors shore power right from the source, NOT via the inverter panel.
- No need to modify your inverter panel.
- No complicated wiring.
- Simple for you or your dealer to install.
- Compact design, built to last.
- Works on gas, diesel and propane generator.
- No programming or coding required.
- Simple enable/disable switch.
Why Buy The ShorePower Monitor?
- Affordable at only $249.00 (excludes tax and shipping).
- 30-Day Money Back Guarantee. Not happy with the product simply return for a full refund. No questions asked.
- Full support from us. We’ll even provide support to your dealer or installer.
- Lifetime Warranty
Whether you are a full-time RVer, RV vacationer, or own an air-conditioned livestock show trailer it’s comforting to know your shore power is being monitored.
ShorePower Monitor Is Your Simple, Reliable, Affordable Automatic Generator Start SystemThe short video below demonstrates how The ShorePower Monitor works. If you have any questions after viewing the video let us know. We will soon be updating this video with the ShorePower Monitor brand. Thank for watching.
Still, Not Sure The ShorePower Monitor Is For You?
Are you still not sure The ShorePower Monitor - Automatic Generator Start System is the right generator autostart for your application?
May we suggest the following. Request a copy of the wiring diagram for the ShorePower Monitor. You can review the wiring diagram and installation instructions yourself or take them to your dealer for review. From the diagram and wiring instructions, you should be able to tell if The ShorePower Monitor will work with your RV or livestock trailer generator. If you or your dealer have questions send us an email or call us. We will be more than happy to help.